Pages

August 10, 2010

Preparing For School

Summer is coming to an end and we are about to go into full "GET READY FOR SCHOOL" mode. We've been doing this for 10 years now. ((sigh)) I always dread it, the getting back into a routine. Raven is much easier than she used to be. She actually said "Mom, please don't get up. I'm not a baby anymore" -_- Whatever, Teenager. Whaaaaatever!! I do anyways. ;) But now I will have two children in school! TWO! Lex will be going to pre-school on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays 9-1. :D He has got to get into a routine. We have been always been very laid back about our routine. Not anymore. So prepare him for his school days I've come up with this schedule.....


  • Bedtime: 8:00 p.m. Sharp!

  • Wake up: 7:00 a.m.

  • Get dressed, eat breakfast, brush teeth, if time allows I'll let him watch one cartoon of choice

  • Wake Lola: 8:00 a.m.

  • Get her dressed, feed her, brush her teeth 

  • Out the door: 8:45 a.m.
It take 7 minutes to get to his school. Yes, I timed it. So that leaves plenty of time to get in the car, drive to the school, get out of the car and in the door. WHEW!!!! Once Winter is here  -_- and it's snows -_- I'll push the schedule back by 20 minutes to make sure we have enough time.

Now, you make think that scheduling is the only thing we have to prepare for. It's not. I have to go out and buy a bin. A bin for all that art work my son will be bringing home. I still have Raven's, somewhere. It's insane the amount of stuff they bring home! I could never bring myself to throw any away. Not until the 1st grade at least. LOL!!

This is all so very exciting! All he talks about is school. All the time! He can't wait. I just hope that he's just as thrilled about it when he gets there and Mommy and Daddy can't stay. I'm sure he'll be fine. :) I'm actually more worried about my husband. 100 bucks says he breaks down and cries.

1 thoughts:

Amber said...

I remember taking CJ to "school" for the first time and me and my husband both bawled. Levi will start pre-kindergarten next month and he's so excited about it! I am too. He'll have the same teach as CJ did for pre-k and kindergarten which is extra special because we love her so much! She's an amazing teacher! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Oh, and you might want to consider giving yourself another five minutes for the extra traffic since all the other parents will be dropping off at the same time as you will and that could increase your commute time. Just a thought.