Pages

October 4, 2011

Someone Kidnapped My Maid!!!

My house is a freakin' mess!!!! I'm not talking about your run of the mill "I have 3 kids" mess, I'm talkin' I may need Kim and Aggie to come in and straighten my ass out mess. Look, I'm in a rut. I work a lot, I'm worried about money and spiders trying to kill me. When I do have a free minute to actually get something done, well, I kind of just want to sit quietly and pretend that there is no mess. Or I want to just hang with my kids. I don't get to do that very often anymore, so I grab the chances when I can. Wanna know how out of control it's gotten? While putting Lex and Lo down for bedtime (we all lay on the couch together till they fall asleep then I put them in their beds. Hey! It works!!!!) I fell asleep. Woke up an hour later to the sound of someone in my kitchen, sounded like cleaning, but the only other person in the house was my teenager and we ALLLL know that there is NO way she'd be cleaning. But she was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She had emptied the dishwasher, filled it and actually started the dame thing, she had cleaned the counters, the stove, took out the trash and was sweeping the floor!!! I didn't even know what to say, so I just stood there staring at her, then I asked "What are you doing?!", to which she replied "Oh this? This is called cleaning! Isn't that the smartty pants reply you always give me?" Little shit, that's MY line. By the way, I may patent that, so don't steal it. She said that she knew I needed help when the place started looking like an episode of Hoarders. It wasn't that bad!! But the fact that it was bad enough for my teenager, who never cleans a damn thing, to step in and help, made me realize that I am, indeed, not Super Mom like I thought I was. Damn. So here I am, stuck with a mess and I don't know what to do with it. I have started taking baby steps in getting it all sorted out. Yesterday I cleaned the diningroom, including clearing out Lex's hoarding mess. The I swept and washed the floors. I was very impressed with myself. Today I put together the bookshelf I bought the kids, picked the books up off the floor, put them on the bookshelf and added a few nice touches like photos of the kids and a few gargoyles. Because nothing says a kid friendly area like a bunch of gargoyles sitting there staring at them. So there! I've at least started. I will be posting a picture of Lex's room tomorrow. It's, it's just bad. They went in there and destroyed that thing. I blame Lola. And the maid for not showing up when I needed her most. ;)

0 thoughts: