Pages

November 11, 2013

Breaking Budget......Because I'm Lazy

Earlier this year I decided I was done with buying detergent. Done, I tell you!! And for almost a year I have been making my own laundry soap. I went through recipe after recipe, Pinterest pin after Pinterest pin, just to find the best recipe, and then I perfected it. It was wonderful! I haven't bought detergent in so long and I've saved so much money. Then it happened. I became overwhelmed with the amount of work I have to do. There's so much to do around here! How does one keep up and still have time to make laundry detergent? How?! So I said "Screw it! I'm buying detergent!" I sent my man out to buy detergent and OMG it felt so good to cheat! All I had to do was rip open the packaging, throw a pod in and walk away. Blissful, I tell ya! And then I sat down and looked at my finances. I try to do this every week, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Or maybe I just didn't want to face the harsh reality that my laundry detergent making vacation was over. I added up how much I've spent on detergent and I almost cried. When you have three kids and two very old dogs, you do a lot of laundry. Every day laundry. Every. Single. Day. I have spent over $40 on detergent in the past 5 weeks. For $15 I can make laundry detergent that will last me almost 8 weeks. -_- This is so unfair. I think someone over at Tide should hire me to blog about how glorious their product is so I don't ever have to buy detergent again, or make it, for that matter! I'm so lazy.

Me~

0 thoughts: