Pages

November 19, 2010

Teenagers & Inner Beauty Day

Last week my daughter's school had "Inner Beauty Day". A day where everyone comes to school with no makeup, their hair undone and they try and be happy about it. I thought this was a good idea, but I was doubtful my teenager would participate. Boy, oh boy did she surprise me! Not only was she going to participate, but she helped to design the t-shirts..........




She came up with the logo, color and all. Yes, I'm bragging. Just a little. The whole idea was for kids to participate, to want to participate, so they had the t-shirts made and sold them to help raise money. They also made up cards to give to the boys so they could pass them out to the girls who came to school "rockin' their inner beauty". Some of the cards said things like "You are beautiful, inside and out" or "Love the REAL you!". Cute things like that. Raven did go to school au naturel and came home smiling saying "It was a good day". Then she went on to tell me how horrible some of her teachers looked. -_- And I quote..."Sorry, Mom, but pregnant women NEED makeup. Mrs. XXXXX looked dead. That was just scary!" Lovely, Raven...just lovely. Typical teenager. LOL!!!!

2 thoughts:

Delirium said...

HAhahahah. I love the blunt honesty of teenagers. It's so refreshing. LOL. :)

Carlie said...

Am impressed. I like the idea and think that its great that Raven was spearheading to boot!