Pages

December 23, 2009

Almost Christmas!

We are ready!!! Well, almost. We still need to wrap, but that's nothin'! We can do that in an hour. O_O Or maybe 2, depending on how much wine I've had. HAH! We have been buying things for a few months and kinda got carried away. We found two bags in the basement full of toys that we had forgot about. I might end up saving a few of Lex's toys for his birthday. Yes, it's that out of control! I'm thinking that next year we will make a list of 10 things that our kids really want and get just those ten things. I"m tired of spending all this money and getting way too many gifts. They just get bored opening them and then we're overrun with toys. Blah. I'm all set with that. I'd like my kids to remember their Christmases as happy, family oriented and just wonderful. My family has decided to not buy gifts for each other this year, instead we're baking and cooking, then sitting down to dinner and just spending time together. We'll take one gift for each child to open at her house, but that's it. It's going to be nice, I can't wait! Every year we would have to buy for 10 other kids!! That adds up! Even when we only spent $10 on each kid, we still bought a little more. We're done with all that. It's about family from now on. Well.....family and food!!! :)

So yeah, tomorrow is Christmas Eve and we're spending it with my sister and her wife's family. It's going to be sad because my SIL's Mom just passed away a little over a month ago. Very. very sad. I'm not sure how everyone is going to be. I hope they can find happiness with the family who is still here and remember their Mother for the beautiful person she was and not dwell on the sadness. Easier said than done, I know. :( I'm just hoping the kids have fun and I can't wait to see everyone.

I'm off to make my famous pecan pie!!!! Kinda hard to do with 2 little ones hanging around, but I'll manage. Kevin and Raven will be home about 7:30, or so. They're having Father Daughter day. He took her to see AVATAR in IMAX. Nerds. LOL!!! :)

0 thoughts: