Pages

December 28, 2009

Kids Are Very Bad For Your Self Esteem!

As you all know kids say whatever is on their minds and then some! I've known this for a very long time, almost 14 to years to be precise. My daughter was only 2 days old when she looked at me and then puked right in my face. She had to be telling me something, right?! I'm so ugly, I made her sick!! Then came the years when she was just starting to talk and she'd look at me and say "Ew!" or "Gross!". Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Then came the years when she could really talk. That's when the real fun began. She would always comment on my grey streak and say....."Your hair looks like a witch's hair, Mommy!!!" or "PHEW! Your breath stinks!" and my favorite......"You have a BIG butt!!!". -_- I never held that against her because she would say more nice things than mean things, but still, they stung just a tiny bit!!! A real tiny bit. ;)

My husband is new to the whole "kids say mean things but don't really mean it" game. He's way more sensitive than I am and takes things much harder. Poor guy has been on vacation for a week and the kids keep saying mean things to him. They're not trying to be mean, they're just kids! Christmas Eve I gave him a new pair of jeans and when he tried them on our teenager said..."You got a flat butt!! But I don't mean that in a mean way! At least it's not fat!" O_O Our son, who is only 3 1/2, is the most brutal! All week he's said things to him that have kinda smarted but have been really funny. Kevin tried to take a shower with Lex to save time and Lex said....."Ew! Gross! You're gross, Daddy!! Get out!!!". Then yesterday Lex had to use the potty but Kevin was in there getting ready, so I just sent him in. Apparently Kevin only had on boxer shorts and Lex said..."Gross, Daddy! Put some clothes on!! Your legs are hairy!! You need to shave them!!" HAH!!!!!! So all week Kevin has been taking a beating from the kids, all except Lola, she can't talk yet. And again just an hour ago in the kitchen Lex got down right mean again!! A tube of chapstick fell on the floor and Lex picked it up, looked at Kevin and said..."Here, Dad. You need this. Your lips are old and wrinkly!" -_- Kevin just looked at me and said..."Well, this has been a great vacation." I couldn't help but laugh, but that's because I know that they don't mean it!!! They're still kids. You can't let it get to you or it will destroy a little bit of your self esteem. That's why I take really embarrassing pictures of my kids. Payback when they're older. ;)

0 thoughts: