Pages

February 1, 2011

Screw You Winter!!!

Caution: I plan on complaining a lot in this post. You've been warned.

We have so much snow and there's more coming. I'm watching it fall from the sky as I type this. My kids have missed so much school that I'm afraid they'll be in school till July at this point. Well, Lex won't be, but my teenager will be. They have missed so much school that I started thinking of ways to teach them from home. Then an idea hit me......why can't they do school via live video chat?! This is something I think would be great! But I seriously doubt all the kids would be willing to sit in front of the computer for school. Facebook yes, school, no. It's a good idea though, if you ask me. ;) My teenager asked me to never speak of it to anyone at the school. LOL!!!! What are you gonna do? They're thinking of doing Saturday classes, or skipping Spring vacation or just going all the way through till July. Ugh. Yes, it's snowed that much. There is no where to put it all!! It's almost to our windows. I have been out shoveling and the pathway I make for my dogs it past my hips. I was so excited when we had our first blizzard. Now I'm just over it. There is only so much baking, cooking, cleaning, snowman making a girl can do. I'm trying really hard to see the bright side of all this, but all I'm getting is white! WHITE everywhere. I'm way more than ready for Spring. I'm actually already looking for bulbs to plant, looking at raised containers for a vegetable/fruit garden. Some tomatoes, strawberries and lettuce.I want my gladiolas back, too. I want my yard to be filled with colors, scents and lots of sunshine. I'm done with Winter. I'm tired of putting on all these damn clothes. I'm sick of having my windows closed and not being able to air things out everyday. I actually just had to do that the other day because we're all been very sick. The kids were napping, so I covered them up real good like, turned the heat off and then opened the windows for 15 minutes. They slept through the cleansing and I felt  much better after finally doing it. My cat had a grand time sitting in the open window. Even she's ready for this crap to be over and done with.

So we will be snowed in again tomorrow. I'm running out of things to do with the kids! The kids are sick of the tv, sick of painting, sick of play-doh and there is no way in Hell I'm breaking out the Moon Dough. All set with that crap. I'd actually suck it up and not complain about the snow if my kids would just stay healthy. I'm hoping they've built up some immunities these past two illnesses. Because we all know how I feel about the fact that I can't give my 2 year old any kind of medicine other than Tylenol or ibuprofen. It's so frustrating. I had to take her in on Saturday because her fever spiked to 103.6 and I couldn't get it down even though I had just given her a dose of tylenol and  then 3 hours later a dose of ibuprofen. The doctor informed me that there is a very nasty virus going around and to keep a close eye on the little kids and if anyone starts sounding croupy to give her a call. So far so good! Lex and Lo have been sleeping a lot. They have been napping, which is unheard of, then going to bed early and sleeping later. Fine by me! I can't complain about sleeping babies. ;) I have been getting some pretty decent sleep since I've felt better. Last week was Hell though. No sleeping at all. So yeah, I'd deal with anything if my kids would just stay healthy. :)

0 thoughts: