Pages

August 25, 2011

Being Productive......Or At Least Trying To Be!

Since "D Day" (Divorce Day) started I have barely had time to really clean or organize my house. Things have fallen behind. For example......the fish tank. Those poor fish were swimming in filth. I felt bad, but I literally had no time to clean the tank. It just had to wait. I finally decided on Saturday that I would take the lazy way out and buy a new tank. The old one made too much noise and was leaking, so I got a 10 gallon tank at Walmart  for $30! Got home, cleaned the new one and all the new rocks, then filled it with water, treated it and started the filter. I had planned on letting it run for at least 2 days before adding the fish, but when I woke up on Sunday the old fish tank had just died! Talk about good timing!! So the fish were introduced to their new home. :) Lex was ecstatic and I was glad I had finally gotten ONE thing on my list accomplished. YAY ME!! I then went into the kitchen to hear our cursed microwave beeping away and the number 2 flashing over and over again, so I unplugged that damn thing, put a free sign on it and put it on the curb. You have no idea how happy that made me. My mother gave me that microwave a few years ago and it's been cursed from the get go. I wanted to take a hammer to it just to make myself feel better, but then I knew no one would take it. Someone took it less than an hour after I put it on the curb. People will take anything. Another thing on my list completed.......I passed the curse along. YAY ME!! I hope they enjoy the endless beeping. HAH!

Next on my list is the giant pile of clean laundry sitting in front of my closet. What's wrong with me? I could be doing that right now, but then I wouldn't be blogging and then I would feel like I was letting someone out there down and I just can't do that. ;) So there it sits, mocking me and my lazy ass. Then there's the bathrooms.....I am ashamed to say that I haven't scrubbed the floors in weeks. I've done the 'ol "lick and a promise" (quick floor cleaning with a Clorox wipe and a promise to do better the next day. My Grandmother taught me that. Thanks, Nanny!) but I haven't actually washed them. That's pretty gross considering my son likes to spray when he pees. I've actually had to say "You shake AFTER you're done peeing, not WHILE you're peeing!" So I'm pretty sure it's gross down there. I think the best course of action is to play the lottery, win and hire someone to do it for me, because  I seriously do not see any free time in the near future to be able to get it all done. Sorry, house! You're on your own for a while. I'm going to lay down now and cry. Or not. ;)



0 thoughts: