Pages

September 13, 2013

My Lo......The Drama Queen

When my teenager was little I thought "There is no way anyone can be as dramatic as this child". Universe, that was not a challenge. My Lo is 5 now and she isn't annoying dramatic, she's just very dramatic. Everything is all about love, cuddles, how much she misses me, how she can't live without me.....it's cute, to an extent. I don't mind the over play of love and emotions when we're at home, but when we are in the middle of morning routine and she starts, it can drag on. For example.....every morning I ask the kids if they want home lunch or school lunch, and every morning I get the same response....Lex: "School lunch!!!", and Lo: "Home lunch, because I like to eat the food you make for me with love because I miss you so much when I'm at school and I love you, Mom!!" A simple "Home lunch!" would have been just fine.. If I don't stop her in her tracks then she goes on and on and on and on and then drop off is Hell. Don't get me wrong, I love her to death! But I cannot feed into her dramatics every morning, we have a routine and if I don't keep it, she will no do well. Last week she was refusing to go into the school, the teachers had to pry her off of me and take her to class. That's a terrible thing for a mother, and child, to have to go through. So Lex had the brilliant idea that he would walk her to her class every morning. :) My little hero. And so far, it's working out great. This week has gone by so smoothly. Next, we are going to transition into car drop off. There will be a few rainy days that will be perfect for that. I want her to go to school happy, not sad and distressed because she misses me. I also don't want her to think I'm dropping her off and running away. :( And seriously, how could I run away from a face like this..........


Me~

0 thoughts: