Pages

February 6, 2009

Lola's First Formula Bottle!

-_- So......Kevin had an appointment to get his hair cut yesterday and I thought that it would be nice to take the kids to Chuck-E-Cheese for a few hours. I had Raven with me, so it wasn't bad at all........until Lola was hungry. While we were there Raven and Lex played games and Lola and I just walked around. It was nice. When she was ready to eat I took her bottle with 8 oz. of breastmilk to the bathroom to warm it up. They actually have very hot water, believe it or not. Now, this was one of those times that Lola was apparently very hungry and she started screaming at the top of her lungs!! That always flusters me and I was trying my best to hurry but listening to her scream got me all twisted and guess what I did...........I dropped the bottle and breastmilk went everywhere!!!!! -_- Now, it normally wouldn't bother me, but I didn't have any more breastmilk with me and I never have any formula and I just knew that she was not going to cooperate with breastfeeding. She's been hitting, biting and just being difficult at the breast, but I keep doing it! So as I'm cleaning it up a woman walks in the bathroom and said...."Oh my! Don't tell me that's breastmilk!" I'm thinking she's gonna be an ass about it, but she wasn't, she got a hand full of paper towels and helped me clean it up. I protested and told her she didn't have to and she said that getting a little breastmilk on her hands was the least of her problems at that place. LOL! So true. She went on to tell me how breastmilk is like GOLD and when it's spilled like that it just saddens her. o_O She was a bit strange but nice so I just let her ramble on and on about breastfeeding. After we got ALL 8 oz! Ugh. She held Lola for me while I washed my hands, I said thanks and left the tainted bathroom. LOL! Now rememebr....Lola is screaming the entire time! I sit down, whip out my Bebe au Lait nursing cover and proceed to TRY to feed Lola. As I suspected, she wanted none of it. -_- So I kept trying until she bit down real hard, then I gave up. I got Raven and told her to run next door to CVS and grab a new bottle and a small can of formula. She came back with all that AND a warm bottle of spring water. Seriously......what would I do without her?! LOL! I could NOT get that bottle made fast enough for her. She ate the whole 8 oz and STILL wanted more. She didn't even want the food I packed for her, just the bottle. So at this point my boobs are KILLING me and I just knew I was going to have to pack the kids up and leave as soon as possible. We had been there for 2 hours so it was time to go anyways. By time I got home I felt like my chest was on fire! I pumped out 20 ounces. It hurt so bad. I haven't had that happen in a long time.

Now, I have nothing against formula except that it cost way too much money. LOL! I'm cheap, so I'm going to have to just try my best to keep up with the pumping as much as possible, but I don't have any time for that. I really don't. I usually only pump 2 times a day. In the morning and before bed. I don't have time for it, not with Lex and Lola being so demanding. So we'll see what happens. She gets formula with her cereal because as I've said before, I think breastmilk is gross and don't want to taste test it. HAHAHAAA!! Silly, I know, but I can't help myself. :) She does fine with it, but I just don't want to buy it for 4 more months. As far as I'm concerned she is DONE with the breast AND the bottle at 12 months. I refuse to go through what we're going through with Lex. -_- He is addicted to the bottle. We've got him off it at night, but he still wants one at nap time. So far we've been able to get him to sleep without it, but he STILL asks for it. What a pain! And I'm not going to go through that with Lola. I refuse. So she's done at 12 months. DONE!!! LOL!

0 thoughts: