Pages

September 29, 2009

"I Wanna Poop On The Grass!!"

No, not me, my son. We are still potty training, (no I haven't given up yet!) and yesterday was a good day to be outside, so I let him run around with no undies or diaper on, just shorts and he did great all day, that is up until he had to poop. -_- When we're outside I just let him pee on the grass, and I told him that where ever he pees the flowers will grow. I KNOW!! Horrible!!! But when you have a 1 1/2 year old who can't walk and his bathroom is upstairs and he can't wait, what do you do?! Let him pee outside!!!! :) He's learning to not go in his pants, which is the point, right? He hasn't done this anywhere but our house..........yet. Let's just hope he never does!! Anyway!! We're outside and he's playing and having fun, when all of a sudden he says..."I gotta pee" and proceeds to whip it out and pee. GREAT JOB!!!! 5 minutes later I hear him mumble....."I'm gonna poop on the grass to make the flowers grow" O_O!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!! I rush over and  ask him to please NOT poop on the grass. Well then all Hell breaks loose! He refuses to go upstairs, he wants to do it outside, he doesn't want to!! All the while the boy has his pants down and he squatting getting ready to just GO ON THE GRASS!! I couldn't think of anything other than..."HEY! If you go on the potty, I'll give you a treat!!!" Well that worked great! He pulled his pants up and ran upstairs. THANK GAWD!! Treats don't work for peeing in the potty with him for some reason, he just refuses to do it. -_-

Yesterday was a huge milestone for us. He went without a diaper all day, mostly, he only peed outside twice and twice inside on the potty and he pooped on the potty, not on the grass and no accidents! It's going to be another nice day today, so I'm thinking we'll do the same thing today as we did yesterday. Give him a bath and just let him wear shorts. The funny thing is, when I told him that if he pees on the grass the flowers will grow. So he's been going to the same spot every time and always looks for flowers when we're outside. No flowers yet, but there is some really nice ivy growing up. I told my hubby that I'm going to uproot it, replant it in a pot and call it Lex's Pee Plant and hang it in the bathroom upstairs. :) NICE!!


0 thoughts: