Pages

May 25, 2010

I'm Pretty Sure My WHOLE Neighborhood Thinks We're Dysfunctional

Yesterday was one of those days. It started off at 6 a.m. and went down hill from there. The night before I didn't get much sleep due to the fact that I was up till 11:30 p.m. watching LOST. Hey, it was the finale!!! And I LOVE that show, so I stayed up. Let me tell ya something....I need 8 hours of sleep. NEED!! So yeah, I was pretty much exhausted when I dragged myself out of bed. Got up, made breakfast, dropped, spilled and broke everything I touched, Lola woke up screaming, Lex wasn't listening and I was exhausted. Did I mention I was exhausted? Well I WAS!! Finally I just said..."Snap out of it, Nina! You have things to do!!!" That is exactly what I did, too. I put a smile on my face, fed the kids, cleaned the kitchen, folded clothes, put said clothing away, made beds....etc....etc! 8 a.m. rolled around and it was time to take the dogs out. At this point I'm feeling pretty confident in my abilities and thought it would be a good idea to get the kids dressed and take them out with me. I put Lola on my shoulders (O_O) and reminded Lex to not kick/chase the dogs and off we went! Of course I had to repeatedly yell "Lex stop chasing the dogs! Don't kick Lucy! Leave them alone, they're trying to potty!!!" and so on and so forth. My poor dogs. I feel so bad for them. :( They take it in stride, or is it take it and ruuuuuuuun! They are always running from Lex. At least they're getting exercise, right? Anyway. We're out there, me with Lola on my shoulders and Lex chasing the dogs, I'm picking up poo and yelling every few seconds and I just know my neighbors are like..."That woman yells too much!" Finally everyone was done "doin' their business" and I was ready to herd them all back inside when it happened.......the mail lady showed up. Oh my goodness the drama!!! Dogs barking, chasing the mail lady, Lex screaming chasing the dogs and me dropping the pooper scooper and running after them with Lola on my shoulders and me yelling "SH*T! SH*T! No PUPPIES!! LEX NO!!!" then it happened.....Lola joined in and started yelling "SH*T! SH*T! PUPPIES COME BACK!!!" O_O "NO, LOLA! NO!! Don't say that!" is all I kept yelling and she just kept on. By time I caught up to the dogs, Lex and the mail lady I was done. I was hot, sweaty, tired and ready for a nap. I chatted with the mail lady for a second, got everyone to head for the house and as I was walking in the door I happened to look up at my neighbors' yard and there they were, Mary & Phil trying very hard not to laugh out loud at the ridiculousness that they had just witnessed. Needless to say......I think they think we're either dysfunctional or hilarious. Probably both. I'll just add this to the "Embarrassing Mommy Moments" book I plan on writing.

2 thoughts:

Moooooog35 said...

You have kids.

Dysfunctional is part of the job description.

* The MOM said...

No, shit!! LOL!!!