Pages

September 7, 2010

Mommy Movie Moment.....

It's no secret that I'm a movie goer. Well, I go when I can, or I get them when they first come to On-Demand. I like to spread the word on movies that I've seen that I really liked or movies I think people might want to wait for the DVD. Now....forget all that "save the best for last" crap. I'm starting with my favorite...

CENTURION::
Why? I'll give you one good reason........Michael Fassbender! I think he is incredibly talented and he is fantastic in this movie! The movie is set during the war between Roman soldiers and Pict tribesmen during the 2nd century Roman conquest of Britain. Bloody as all Hell, but well shot and the story line is great! See it. :D

DATE NIGHT::
Kevin and I had wanted so badly to see this movie when it first came out, but, as all you parents know, date nights are far and few between when you have kids. So we waited for until it was out in on-demand. This movie was hilarious!!! I think Tina Fey and Steve Carell made that movie! It was funny with those two starring in it, anyone else, eh, I don't think it would have been as good. :)

DESPICABLE ME::
I took my son on a Mommy & Son date too see this and we both loved it! It was cute, sweet, funny and not too long. :) Lex laughed out loud a lot, which is a sure sign that it's a good movie. He has particular taste. ;)

DORIAN GRAY::
I was actually pleasantly surprised by how good this movie was. It was a bit long, but it was bearable because it was done so well. I love Colin Firth. He's excellent in everything he does! And I was surprised that Ben Barnes was actually pretty good. And so darn cute! ;)

SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD::
This movie was excellent! Maybe it's because I love Michael Cera, or maybe it's because I like weird movies, but I just really enjoyed this one! It was funky, funny and sweet. I'm sad it didn't do better. :( We even got to meet the director, Edgar Wright, Michael Cera, Anna Kendrick and Jason Schwartzman. Here's my teenager, Raven, with them all......

 So those are the movies I've seen and I loved. I won't bog down this post with the ones I hated. It's all about the love. :)


1 thoughts:

Moooooog35 said...

I'm a movie goer too but the only one I've seen on your list was Despicable Me which was incredible.

Date Night came out right when the wife and I decided to divorce so, you know, inappropriate.