Kevin and I have been talking about buying a bigger house. We've outgrown this one. Already! It's only been 3 years. o_O I hate moving, but he's right, we need more room. I was an Army Brat and moved every 2-4 years of my life since age 3. When I was 13 I vowed to settle down and stop moving when I grew up. And I've done just that. Sure, I've lived in apartments here and there, but for the most part I've lived in the same 2 places in the past 15 years.....here in Massachusetts or Kentucky. Now that I have a family of my own I want top give them something stabile. I'd love to stay here forever, but like I said, we've outgrown this house. It won't be anytime soon, maybe in a few years, but we definitely need to start planning. :) We've already talked about what we do and don't want. What we want.......
- 4+ bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Large kitchen with plenty of updates
- Private yard, if the kids are older a pool would be fine, but not if they're still young, that makes me nervous. Plenty of space for gardening, I'd prefer there already be lots of stuff planted so I can move in and just start caring for them.
- We would like a large shed or barn
- Finished basement
- Laundry room upstairs
- Big deck
- A farmer's porch
- Plenty of windows
- Lots of closets
- I'd like a walk-in pantry but I can do without
- It has to be move-in condition
- And we would like to live somewhere near a town, but kinda secluded
That's not much to ask, is it? :) No, I'm not picky at all. You know what would sell me? If it had a cherry blossom tree on the property. ((sigh)) That would be soooooo nice. I love them. I was actually thinking of planting one here, but I'm afraid we'll move and I'd hate to leave it? That sounds silly, doesn't it? I get attached to my plants/flowers/trees. :)
Anyway. This is all in the future, but when it comes to buying your forever home you have got to get it right. And to get it right you have got to plan, plan, plan!!! So we're planning. Until then, I'll leave you with some gorgeous outdoor playtime pictures....
p.s.~ Do you like my layout? I love it!