Pages

March 25, 2010

It's A Shame That Showering Is A Luxury For Me

Today was one of those days when I woke up and said...."I have to shower NOW!!!". I just felt gross. BUT, with two small children running/crawling around the house, showering can be tough. I have to worry about what they're doing........is Lex laying on top of Lola again, is Lola choking on something, did Lex open the window again, are they fighting? The "worry list" goes on and on. So I always look at how things are going. Are the kids quiet and relaxed? Is Lex too focused on Lola? Is Lola whiney? This morning everything seemed A-O-K! So I made blueberry muffins, fed the kids, then let Lex pick out what he wanted to watch, made sure Lola's diaper was changed and that she had plenty to play with, then I ran to the bathroom. But not before giving Lex a list of do's and don'ts!


  • Do sit quietly
  • Do keep your hands and body to yourself
  • Don't get up unless you need to use the potty
  • Don't open any doors or windows
  • Don't lay on top of Lola
  • Don't bother Lola
He said...."Ok, Mom! I'm in charge, I'll be good" :D And 15 minutes later, not counting the many times I ran out naked to make sure all was ok, I was clean and the kids were alive. She played, he sat quietly and all was well. WHEW!! As I was getting dressed I thought to myself...."It's such a shame that showering is a luxury!!" Being a Mom means you give up a lot. You give up sleep, beauty, your body and sometimes being clean. Once the kids are in full-time school those things come back to you, but until then I'll take what I can get, when I can get it! But these faces are totally worth it..................



Yes....even BO.


3 thoughts:

Carlie said...

Gosh, you make me feel so normal and human. I shower like once a week because its a huge production to pull it off and even then its stressful and hard to enjoy it. I always imagine everyone else's husbands sponsor long daily showers for them while they wisely supervise the children. Heh

Moooooog35 said...

That's why I'm glad I'm not a mom.

Plus the OB/GYN visits would probably freak me out. I think that's more about just being a woman though.

I forgot where I was going with this.

* The MOM said...

Carlie, I WISH he would let me take long, normal showers. But no, he pops his head in more than the kids do, with stupid questions and useless facts I have no desire to know. -_- I think he's just trying to get a peek. HAH!!

Mooo....I have been looking for a HOT OBGYN for YEARS! No luck. They still freak me out a little. LOL!! My OB is a short German guy with a heavy accent.......yeah....